What to do before your lash appointment?
Come with a clean Face
Come to your appointment with a clean face and this will ensure more time for adding lashes and less time removing eye makeup. Be sure all mascara is removed. It is also helpful to avoid applying moisturizers and sunblock near the eye area prior to your appointment as the oils can prevent the eye pads used in the procedure from adhering to your skin. If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
Shower prior to your appointment
Eliminating any unnecessary contact with water or steam within the first 24 hours of having lash extensions will insure that the bond between the semi permanent lashes and your natural lashes can properly set.
To avoid any discomfort, it is always suggested that contacts are removed allowing eyes to be comfortable in a natural and rested state during your application.
Do not drink too much coffee before your appointment, you want to be comfortable and at peace during the procedure.
Do not pre-curl your lashes
TAKE CARE of your Lashes!
- Do not wash eyes or shower and avoid crying, sweat, and steam for 24 hours after lash application.
- Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes. Do not sleep on lashes.
- Wash lashes regularly with a Lash Friendly cleanser that can be purchased at the shop.
- Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes.
- Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes. Oils can loosen the bond of lash extensions. Care must be taken to apply eye cream sparingly with avoidance of the lash line area.
- Do NOT use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
- Gently brush the tips of your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Touch-up appointments every 3-4 weeks, to fill in the areas where the natural lashes has fallen out and new lashes are growing in.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent synthetic eyelashes that are curved and tapered to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to the natural eyelash one by one using a specially formulated medical grade glue. The overall effect is a thicker, longer lash line that will enhance your appearance and add a gorgeous frame to your blinkers.
How long do they last?
Eyelash Extensions can be worn daily without removal and can be worn as long as you would like with regular maintenance fill ups. To maintain a great appearance, these maintenance fills are generally recommended every 3 to 5 weeks, based on your own natural lash growth cycle. During a fill up appointment I will remove any lashes that are grown out and replace any lashes that have cycled out.
Do eyelash extensions make my own lashes fall out?
When applied properly and with proper care, lash extensions will not harm natural lashes. Each extension is adhered to a single natural lash in order to prevent interruption of the lash growth cycle. Be mindful not to overly rub your eyes or play, twist or pull on the lash extension as this can cause immature shedding.
Can I still wear eye makeup?
Absolutely! You can still use eyeliner and eye shadows as usual. Mascara is typically not needed with lash extensions but can be used when a touch-up is drawing near to groom your lashes, however, constant use of mascara may shorten the lifespan. Do not use a waterproof mascara, as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes. Take Care retails several products that are designed specifically for eyelash extensions including makeup remover pads.
Can I swim, shower, and spa with Lash Extensions?
Yes, eyelash extensions are waterproof. You can enjoy these lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. However, during the first 24 hours it is not recommended to swim, spa, or steam. The adhesive needs time to cure and bond.
If you would like to make an appointment for test patch for the glue there is no charge. This is also recommended for Brides to be or first timers who are interested in lashes for a special occasion.
Unexpected events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. Business meetings, project deadlines, flight delays, car problems, and illness are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling an appointment. In the desire to be effective and fair to all of my clients and out of consideration for my time, Take Care has adopted the following policies:
• 24 hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment.
• If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice you will be charged 50% the amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment.
Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a “no-show”. They will be charged in full for their “missed” appointment and future service will be denied until payment is made In full.
Appointment times have been arranged specifically for you. If you arrive late your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, your therapist will then determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for the “full” session.
I look forward to meeting you!!!